Friday, September 2, 2011

City Girls Out in Nature

"Holy cow, Ellis Mary, did you see that?"
Note:  I may or may not of replaced "cow" with another more colorful word.

This morning, these two city girls were running their normal Friday trail.  Last Friday, I got super excited about a little lizard that crossed our path.  He was about 3 inches long with a fresh neon green tail.  I tried to stop to show my miniature running partner, but she was less than excited, and the lizard was too fast. 

This Friday, we got an even cooler brush with the wild side.


What's the matter, you can't see anything?  Well, I didn't see (or hear) anything either until there were three large deer leaping across our path about a foot in front of us.  I nearly peed my already sweat stained shorts.




Ellis took it in stride.  I can't get this girl excited about anything.
P.S.  This is the first time I've ever seen a picture of my third born that I thought looked like me.  Whoa.

There was the mom again, slowly walking away so I could get a better picture.  I realize there are deer everywhere these days, but jeez louise, I've never in my whole 32 years been so close to three of them at one time.  The thought that they might be sick certainly crossed my mind.  I realize most City Girls wonder this when Nature ventures out into the suburbs in the middle of the morning, but we can't help it.  It's what our parents always told us so we wouldn't try to touch the cuddly looking raccoons in our backyards.

"Mom, deer don't bite.  Seriously.  Chill out."

No comments:

Post a Comment