Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's been hectic around these parts. Most of my spare time is spent fitting in a run or working on Halloween costumes. I don't sew many articles of clothing for my kids, mostly because I don't have a good sewing space to lay out my stuff. This will change soon, however, as our basement is set to get finished within a month or so. The kids will be able play downstairs safely (no worries of dropping a 45 pound weight on their toe or anything...) and I will be able to lay out my sewing supplies without getting in the way of day to day life.

Anyway, I have always been dedicated to sewing at least one of my kids costumes. I even used to sew my stepdaughter's Halloween costumes back in the day. This year, Macy and Ellis are getting the homemade costumes. Hopefully I didn't bite off more than I could chew by committing to two costumes this year. Now that I think about it, I didn't make anyone's costume last year, so I guess I owe them.

Oh, and I got myself a pretty little iPad for our eighth anniversary. This beautiful piece of electronics seems to be eating up a teensy bit of my free time as well. I love this cute little thing. I'm going to think up the perfect name for her....

Patrick's gift from me has yet to arrive in the mail yet. It's coming all the way from Lithuania. It certainly doesn't compare to the iPad, but if it works, I think it will be worth it to him. I'll keep you updated on how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment